Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Welcome to I Scream Social

Welcome to my blog, I Scream Social!
I have finally created it. I have been inspired by many other blogs that I have been reading and I often have a lot to say (whether anyone cares or not remains to be seen), so the time has come... Now that I have this blog I hope that I am as witty, entertaining, inspiring and informative as I have imagined myself being. Now that it is no longer just a fantasy there is pressure to actually write something. This blog is going to serve several purposes. You may be interested in some of my posts and not others.

Here are some of the topics you might find here:

1. A tour journal/stories from the road for Before Dawn (www.beforedawnband.com)
2. A health journal of sorts discussing my trials and tribulations with Type 1 Diabetes in addition to fitness and nutrition concerns and achievements.
3. Feminism: rants, raves and awareness.
4. Reviews of experiences and products that I like and don't like.
5. Links to other articles, peoples work and writing that has inspired me, made me smile or in some way moved me enough to make me want to share it with everyone I know.
6. The Green Bay Packers

I am sure that my posts will be varied and diverse... Many people comment on and applaud my rather diverse interests, tastes and collection of hobbies. Personally I just think that I am easily distracted and lack the healthy amount of self - doubt that usually keeps people from taking on too much. Also I think I got confused early in life when my parents told me that I could accomplish anything that I wanted... I think I must have understood that to mean that I could accomplish EVERYTHING that I wanted. So here I am at 30 years old, I have a BFA in Theater, I am a semi retired professional show skier, a massage therapist, a lyricist, budding musician/bass player in a touring band with my husband that I also manage and book, I am a dancer/acrobat now learning Aerial techniques on silks suspended from the ceiling, I am a TYPE 1 Diabetic with fears that I try to ignore, I have Menieres Disease too (look it up), I am an ardent feminist as is my husband and I am contemplating grad school. These are some of the more significant parts of my life right now and somehow this all only begins to scratch the surface. Oh and I like football, but really just the Green Bay Packers.

Here's what makes me happy: Being outdoors...
Camping, Hiking, Biking, Running, Paddling, Swimming, Riding (referring to water in almost any form including snow, not horses), Star Gazing, Making Fires, Cooking, Eating & Drinking. Life just tastes better outside.

I have been looking forward to starting "I Scream Social" for a long time and felt that I must have my thoughts organized in order to begin. I have decided now that I must simply begin, just like everything else I have ever done. I hope to entertain, inspire and provoke thought, action and conversation. Welcome to my first blog, "I Scream Social!" I just might become a one woman magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment